Memorial Day has always been kind of a morbid holiday for me. I know people enjoy the extra day off and getting together with family and what not, but there's also the undercurrent that we are remembering not those who have served in the military but those who have died in that service. I hope you all enjoy your day, but please keep in mind those who have given their all for our country and those they have left behind. Here's the news...
- Muskies target Xavier Simpson is planning more visits before he makes a decision. He had been tabbed to announce this week with X as the clear favorite, but the timetable was apparently a miscommunication. I'm all for guys taking their time and making good decisions, because that LOI is really restrictive once it's signed.
- Markelle Fultz has mentioned Xavier along with some blue-blood programs in his recruitment. The kid can really play. It's a long shot, but he would be a great get for Xavier.
- The Big East Digital Network is expanding coverage for the upcoming season. This is more interesting for fans of the non-revenue sports, but it will help Big East followers be able to see their desired events more often, and that's a good thing.
- In the NCAA baseball tournament, St. John's is taking on OK State in the regional. If you were curious, now you know.
- Providence transfer C Paschal Chukwu is planning visits to Nebraska and Kansas (reportedly). The 7'2" former Friar is leaving the league after just one season.
- Colorado coach Tad Boyle believes that freedom of movement, not the length of the shot clock, is the issue with college basketball. I'm not sure there is an issue with college basketball, but whatever.
- Top ten recruit Thon Maker might go to Arizona State. Or Indiana. Or Kentucky. Or no college at all. Recruiting is chaotic and uncomfortable at the highest level.
- If you have a chance to go after a guy who has decommitted twice already, you definitely should, right?