No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
7. Selection of Winners: Entrants will earn points for correctly guessing the outcome of each game in the 2015 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament, as explained on the Tournament Site. At the end of the 2015 NCAA Basketball Tournament, entrants will be ranked based on total points to generate the following leaderboards:
All Contest Types Leaders: This leaderboard ranks ALL players from ALL Contest Types in the League against each other. The Grand Prize Winner will be the user that scores the most Total Points. In the event that two or more players end the Tourney with the same amount of Total Points, they will be determined to have tied and a prize may be awarded to both at Sponsor's sole discretion.
Advanced Contest Leaders: This leaderboard ranks ONLY the Advanced players in the League against each other. The First Place Advanced Contest winner will be the user that scores the most Total Points. In the event that two or more players end the Tourney with the same amount of Total Points, they will be determined to have tied and a prize may be awarded to both at Sponsor's sole discretion.
Intermediate Contest Leaders: This leaderboard ranks ONLY the Intermediate players in the League against each other. The First Place Intermediate Contest winner will be the user that scores the most Total Points. In the event that two or more players end the Tourney with the same amount of Total Points, they will be determined to have tied and a prize may be awarded to both at Sponsor's sole discretion. You can change your picks for any Contests that have not yet started. But once a Contest starts, you can no longer enter a new pick or change your existing pick for that Contest.
Traditional Contest Leaders: This leaderboard ranks ONLY the Traditional players in the League against each other. The First Place Traditional Contest winner will be the user that scores the most Total Points. In the event that two or more players end the Tourney with the same amount of Total Points, the Traditional Contest tie-breaker will be applied. The user with the lowest absolute difference between his/her predicted combined total score for both teams in the championship matchup and the actual final total score of the championship Contest will be determined to be the winner.
For additional information on scoring, visit the Tournament Site to review scoring guidelines. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received and the performance of each entrant.
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within three (3) business days of the date of selection. If a potential winner does not respond within three (3) business days after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
9. Prize(s): Quantity of Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize: $25 gift card to Chipotle. ARV of Grand Prize: $25 USD; $31.96 CAN. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; (b) to change these Official Rules; (c) cancel, modify or withdraw the Contest and/or cancel, modify, suspend or withdraw any method of entry, without notice or (d) award the prize(s) according to the procedures set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Washington, DC. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Washington, DC, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Washington, DC or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington, DC.
14. Third Party Platforms: If this Contest is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g. Facebook or Twitter) ("Third Party Platform"), then by participating in this Contest, entrants hereby release and agree to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize-related activities. Unless otherwise stated to the contrary in these Official Rules, this Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
15. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Vox Media, Inc., 1201 Connecticut Avenue NW, 11th Floor, Washington, DC 20036, Attn: Banners on the Parkway Bracket Challenge Contest. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the each Entry Period.