Annual mile run at St X track tomorrow 6:30am. Team 93 ready for take off. Any guesses as to the best time ever recorded in our program?— Chris Mack (@CoachChrisMack) September 11, 2014
I have an assignment for each of you tomorrow. It goes as follows:
- Roll out of bed at 6am; if you already get up that early, get up an hour earlier
- Pick out a light t-shirt, your favorite shorts, and your best shoes to exercise in
- Drive or walk to you closest local running track
- No later than 6:30am, run a mile as hard as you possibly can
- If it wasn't under six minutes, you're screwed
That is, in a nutshell, what the Xavier basketball players will be facing tomorrow. It's the dreaded Xavier Mile; guards have a goal of under 5:25, wings under 5:45, and posts under 6:00. I don't know what happens if you miss the goal, but I'm guessing it's not an encouraging pat on the butt. Obviously, this is not an event the players - especially not the bigger men - look forward to with any great degree of joy. Gents, our thoughts are with you tomorrow morning.
Ready for the mile test tomorrow morning! To all my teammates: pic.twitter.com/MiZ5PaAkLP— Matt Stainbrook (@mstainbrook40) September 11, 2014
Also, Brad Redford holds the record with a blistering 4:53. He is the only Muskie to crack the 5:00 mark in recorded Xavier Mile history.